Friday, July 18, 2008

College World Series

June 14th, 2008-

The College World Series in Omaha has become somewhat of a tradition for Chad and I, and this weekend was OPENING weekend. So Saturday morning, we met Dan and Nancy Skudlarek, Ryan and Nicole Gillis and some other friends at Rosenblat Stadium for some tailgating fun. A good friend of my family loaned us his canopy so we brought that along and got some nice shade in from the summer sun. We met the people across the parking lot from us and they happened to LOVE games. They had Frisbee, washers, etc. I think we all took a turn playing with them.

Early on in the day (only 2 beers in) I had to use the restroom. Some older gentleman were VERY intoxicated and talking to me in line. I quickly took my turn in the porta-potty and instead of stepping down, I stepped out catching my heal on the curb. I rolled my ankle and tore up my feet pretty bad. I was embarrassed more than anything so I hopped up and walked back to our car to wash off. Nothing a few more beers couldn't make feel better!

Around 6pm, we headed back to the Skudlarek's house to freshen up and grab a salad that Nancy made for the Aerotek party we were going to. We headed over there for a beer and food and decided to go back to their house for some American Idol! Nancy's brother came over with 40's for all, and to participate in the festivities.

A big round of applause goes out to Mr. Dan Skudlarek for is 100,000 score on his rendition of Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On'.

Brought a tear to my eye...

No comments: