Friday, September 5, 2008

Celebration Dinner

Since Chad is the best sales person in the world (signified by the award received last year for his great accomplishments), we get to go on yummy Sales Celebration dinners. We pick places that we wouldn't normally go to and it is usually myself, Chad, Steve and Julie. When my parents were in town right after our honeymoon, the 6 of us go to go to Maker's Mark in the Power & Light District.
I was torn between a steak (which they are known for) or scallops (which I LOVE). I ended up choosing the scallops and they were FABULOUS. One of the best dishes ever. I can't remember what everyone else had but that's ok because mine was awesome.

Afterward, we all had a margarita in the "living room" area and listened to the dj. Anyone that knows me knows my life long dream is to be famous (but not famous like Jennifer Aniston or Cher...but famous like the that one girl from your favorite movie, or the lead singer of that one-hit-wonder band). So low and behold, the guy that interviews people for Royals games was there. His little henchman came over and asked if I'd like to be interviewed for the Royals and get free tickets. He had me at "hello".

Chad got interviewed too and thank goodness for the both of us, we never saw ourselves on the big screen. I'm sure thousands of other Royals fans did and laughed about how stupid two people could be (ok, maybe just the blonde girl in the polka dot dress)!

No comments: